Liposuction, also known as Liposculpture or Body Contouring is ideal for body contouring or shifting pockets of fat resistent to diet and exercise.
The fat harvested during this procedure will be skilfully injected to create the rejuvenating effect.
The healing power of fat
Fat plays a number of roles in our body, including how we heal. Studies carried out over many years have explored this healing potential, which was recognised as early as World War 1, when fat was used to speed up the healing of soldiers’ wounds.
Fat as part of a balanced diet is essential for our health and has many benefits alongside providing energy, including cushioning the joints and repairing damaged tissues.
The advantages of using fat to help with healing include:
- There is plenty of fat in the body
- It can be easily ‘harvested’ using a minimally invasive procedure carried out using a local anaesthetic
- Fat contains cells that help to heal damaged tissue
- Research has shown that, no matter how old you are, fat is still able to retain its healing properties
How does it work?
The cells that are stored in your own body fat (or adipose tissue) are able to respond to problems in other areas of the body that are causing pain or dysfunction, providing natural ‘tools’ to help with healing. Your cells can help to:
- Repair damaged tissue (for example, after an injury or operation)
- Speed up tissue growth and regeneration
- Reduce inflammation, helping tissues to heal more quickly
- Improve blood flow by creating new blood vessels
- Reduce areas of internal or external scarring